Tomorrow’s Warriors is a pioneering music education/professional development organisation and award-winning creative producer working nationally and internationally with some of the most exciting, most diverse new, emerging and established jazz artists in the UK, with a special focus on those from the African diaspora and girls.
Led by our award-winning Founder/Artistic Director, Gary Crosby OBE and Chief Executive, Janine Irons MBE FRSA, we create and produce an incredibly varied annual programme ranging from workshops and showcases for young musicians to concerts and tours for established professional bands/orchestras in partnership with an extensive network of local, national and international arts organisations, commercial producers, venues, promoters and festivals.
The company is a weekend resident at Southbank Centre, London and an Associate Artist of Turner Sims, Southampton, and (from April 2017) at Rich Mix, London delivering a unique programme comprising learning and participation, artist development and professional performances. In addition to our core programmes we offer a range of bespoke music education programmes in schools, arts venues and community centres across the UK and internationally.
Our development programmes focus on the ongoing development of individuals in the following groups:
- Junior Warriors (11-15 yrs)
- Youth Warriors (15-19 yrs)
- Tomorrow’s Warriors Youth Jazz Orchestra (15-25 yrs)
- Tomorrow’s Warriors Female Collective (15-25 yrs)
- Young Composers & Arrangers – our programme offering development for composers/arrangers
We are also home to the Nu Civilisation Orchestra – our professional touring orchestra featuring past and present Warriors.
In addition to our core development programmes:
- We deliver a diverse range of bespoke jazz education programmes in partnership with a host of local, national and international music/arts education partners, and are members of a number of Music Education Hubs in the UK.
- We produce and present professional concerts and events in partnership with our extensive network of local, national and international venues, promoters and festivals.
Tomorrow’s Warriors is a National Portfolio Organisation of Arts Council England and we are proud to be a truly multicultural company.