This policy applies to Tomorrow’s Warriors Limited and Tomorrow’s Warriors Trust collectively known as Tomorrow’s Warriors (TW).
Tomorrow’s Warriors takes your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information. We aim to be clear and open about our data security practices.
Where we ask you to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement, and in line with the new UK-GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and amended Data Protection Act 2018 that took effect on January 31, 2020.
Your Legal Protection
The law protects your right to privacy. According to the law we are only allowed to use personal information for legal reasons. These include:
- When it is our legal duty
- When you consent to it
- When it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
By legitimate interest, we mean the interests of Tomorrow’s Warriors in operating and managing our organisation to enable us to provide an appropriate and safe service and a secure experience for our stakeholders.
Tomorrow’s Warriors has a legitimate interest in terms of the provision of learning and training activities, fundraising, business operations and organisational development purposes.
Our Privacy Promise
- We will keep your data safe and private.
- We not sell or rent your data.
- We will give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
You are not obliged to provide information, however, if you choose not to, then it may be difficult for us to deliver some of our services to you on a practical level and you may have limited access to information and news.
We will not send you marketing or fundraising information by email or other electronic means of communication without your express opt-in consent.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect various types of personal information depending on your relationship with Tomorrow’s Warriors and the consents that you have given about the use of your information.
When you use our website, we collect the personal information that you provide to us, for example, your name, your email address, your address, as well as any other contact information you choose to provide us in connection with the delivery of services.
Tomorrow’s Warriors also invites you to choose what information we collect via cookies. We collect certain information relating to your device such as your device’s IP address, referring website, pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our website.
Children/ Under 16’s
The age of ‘data consent’ is 16. Therefore, where under 16’s engage with TW, it is imperative that their parents/guardians provide the young person’s personal data, and consent to TWs use of that data
We do not knowingly collect or request personal information from children. If you are under 16, please do not try to register for our services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal information from a child, we will immediately delete that information.
Donors, Alumni, Parent/Guardians of Participants under 16 and Audience Members
We will collect your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, residence details, debit or credit card details, feedback about an event, product, service and other information that you choose to provide to us.
We will then use this information to:
- provide event tickets and other goods and services you have asked for
- process donations and Gift Aid
- keep a record of your relationship with us
- administer our various donor and supporter schemes
- send you information according to your preferences, by post, telephone or email about our events, learning, fundraising and social programmes from our website, policies and occasionally news about the services/products from our sponsors and supporters.
- conduct fundraising activities including fundraising, marketing and reporting project updates and outcomes to funders
- ask you to participate in surveys and feedback
- create a profile of your interests, preferences and donations or future donations, (using additional information already in the public domain) so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information and ensure ourfundraising resources are used in the most effective and efficient manner
- develop our understanding of audience, participant and donors through research and the creation of stakeholder segments
- administer, operate and improve our musical and charitable activities
- maintain an archive for TW – including alumni information
Current Participants in Our Ensembles, Workshops and Other Programmes And Events
We will collect your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, date of birth, country of residence, any of the above details for your parent, guardian or next of kin, details of any disabilities, medical conditions or allergies, access needs, details of your current schools, your feedback about our programmes and events, experiences of musical participants and other information that you choose to provide to us. We use the information to:
- run, administer, develop and improve our learning and development programmes, events and ensembles
- send you information by post, telephone – and if you have given your consent by email – about our educational, development and social programmes and events, our gigs, albums, educational, fundraising and social programmes, our website, policies
- ask you to participate in surveys, and feedback
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
- Participant records and records of parents of participants are retained for 3 years following their last known participation in a Tomorrow’s Warriors activity
- Individual donor records are kept for 7 years after the last donation
- After leaving the Tomorrow’s Warrior’s professional development and emerging artist programme, alumni will be invited to join the TW alumni archives
- Mailing list recipients and other contacts records are kept for 3 years from the last contact
- Financial records are kept for 7 years after the end of the financial year to which it pertains.
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, you can:
We will not charge you for this service unless the request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive or repetitive’.
We will ensure that the personal information that you provide will be held securely, that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect it and that only relevant staff, volunteers and contractors have access to that information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet to us is not risk free. However, we will do our best to protect your personal information once we receive it, but we cannot guarantee the security of your information as it is transmitted to our site and related servers. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Keeping your information up to date
We want to make sure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please contact us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Sharing your information with other organisations
Tomorrow’s Warriors will not rent or sell your information to any third party. We may share your information with third parties where we have a legal duty to do so or to provide you with a high quality service.
We may also share your information with funders, partners and suppliers where this is necessary for service or business operations. When we do so, whereappropriate we will review their data protection policies and strive to obtain appropriate confidentiality and data use undertakings to ensure appropriate protections for your data.
Except as set out above, and unless obliged to do so by law, we will not share your information with third parties (including for their marketing purposes) without your express consent.
You can choose at any time to unsubscribe from marketing and fundraising communications by simply clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link found in all of our marketing emails.
- Stop processing
You also have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal data if your consent is required for that processing. To request this simply email the Data Controller at info@ tomorrowswarriors.org
- Right to Erasure
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’ and ‘right to erasure’, or the ‘right to be forgotten’.
- Inaccurate Information
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It is inaccurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it. It not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
- You have already asked us to stop using your data but you are waiting for a response from us
Register a complaint
If you wish to complain about any aspect of our date protection or privacy, you can do so by writing to the Chief Executive firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not satisfied with the response you can register a complaint about our handling of your personal data with the Information Comissions Office (ICO). The ICO, is the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send a detailed message to email@example.com