TOMORROW’S WARRIORS has signed up to the Keychange initiative founded by the PRS Foundation. Keychange is an international gender equality campaign which invests in emerging talent whilst encouraging festivals, conferences and a growing range of other music organisations to sign up to a 50:50 by 2022 gender balance pledge.
By gender balance, we mean that 50% of those represented in the pledge (ie. board members, principal players, composers commissioned etc.) identify as women, non-binary or transgender.
TOMORROW’S WARRIORS pledges to achieve an average of 50:50 gender balance in the following areas of activity between 2018-2022:
- Composers awarded new music commissions
- Musicians employed in our professional orchestras, Nu Civilisation Orchestra and Jazz Jamaica All Stars
TOMORROW’S WARRIORS pledges to maintain an average 50:50 gender balance in the following area between 2018-2022:
- Musicians employed as members of the Tomorrow’s Warriors music leader faculty
- Band leaders presented as part of the TW Live monthly events programme
- Participants enrolled on our Young Artist Development Programme
- Line-up and leadership of the Tomorrow’s Warriors youth ensemble, the Soon Come Orchestra
We’re really proud to be part of this initiative and encourage others to get involved and sign up to this initiative too.